1. I restarted the Couch to 5k program. I am starting to recall what endorphins feel like. I tricked myself into running today: I was feeling grumpy and tired and committed to only a five minute walk, which turned into a run. It was barefoot at the beach--my best running method.
2. I am going to participate in a month-long writing project in July....it looks to be a rewarding experience. I have to start writing every day in preparation for the course. I am excited to write again and become a better teacher of writers in the process. You may be hearing from me more often--I assume blogging counts?
3. EIGHT more days in the classroom. I love my students and tell them so, it is a joy to watch them grow so dramatically: I now have a room full of readers and writers. But I am feeling like a mother bird, ready to push them out of the nest and on to 1st grade. I thrive when I am busy but I am in desperate need of some downtime. If I haven't called you please don't take it personally.
4. Andrew is becoming an accomplished artist. He brings me home beautiful things from the pottery studio most days. I support this despite his clay caked clothes. I love his style!
5. My aunt and uncle are selling their house in MD and moving to Hawaii, my homeland. It's a tad bittersweet as love their mainland place, such a comfortable rambling home....please someone buy it--it's full of wonderful memories and good vibes. I am really looking forward visiting their new home on the Big Island..before long I'll be hanging out on their big porch and eat papayas from their yard. Ahh Hawaii.
6. My grandpa turned 89 yesterday. My grandparents also celebrate their wedding anniversary!
7. I will likely see them in June. I adore these people.
8. I have a new Beta fish (a blue one). He fits in well. Beta Boy is the rejected pet of our dear friends...he was eating their other fish.
9. These same friends are having a baby. And a girl at that! Super stoked for you Courtney & Stephen.
10. A co-worker who is a former yoga friend told me this morning she will kick my butt if I don't come back to yoga soon. She is so fit and happy and happening...mid 50ies and amazing. I am grateful for the good role models in my life. I plan to rededicate myself to the practice pronto.
No comments:
Post a Comment