My review
rating: 5 of 5 stars
Have you guys updated your goodreads lately? Books have such an important role in my life. I have no problem "reviewing" anything I read so I am trying to break my writer's block and try some different themes to these postings.I loved this book as a kid and read/studied it until the pages fell out. It has great, detailed illustrations celebrating the diversity of the people on this planet.
There is a page where white villagers are pointing and making fun of people dressed like native aborigines...and then a picture of the "natives" pointing at the odd white people. That cultural relevancy was so curious to me as a kid--not all people think the same things are beautiful. Normal is different for everyone.
I use to cry when I thought about the line, "And in the end, all people die." Death is a hard concept for adults, let alone kids. (Plus, I've always been a big crier).
I also enjoyed the page that had all the different shapes noses come in. I still appreciate interesting noses!
It's a very poignant, interesting read for all ages.
View all my reviews.
No comments:
Post a Comment