Guess what?
I won a prize for being a top gardener this month:
Awesome gardener - weeds tremble as you walk by! Your garden over by the sign has many admirers. No you don't need a fence or bird netting and it looks phenomenal.
Enjoy your dorm food meal tickets - things have changed since you last ate dorm food - Its pretty good!
Andrew and I now have a hot date planned at the DLG (yes, as sung about by Jack Johnson in Bubble Toes).
Other updates:
Ground squirrels did a number on my basil so now I'm keeping it in a pot.
My potted lemon tree has all sorts of new growth and flowers.
I retired my calendula. Our love affair is over. I now have a new patch of wild flowers going--cosmos, zinnias, hollyhocks, and more.
I have pumpkin patch growing (the sweet, smaller cooking ones). Also butternut squash, lemon cucumbers, acorn squash, and bowl gourds for carving.
My pepper plants are happy and tomatoes are starting to ripen already.
I've had an asparagus thief--two plants dug up and today someone helped themselves to about 7 spears (at least they left the plant though--they take 3-5 years to establish!)
1 comment:
Who steals someone else's asparagus? That's just mean.
Congratulations, you talented gardener!
Post a Comment