August 3, 2008

Maui My Love

A benefit of being in the education field is summers remain a time of freedom from routine...

I made a last minute ticket home to Maui and have been spending some true quality time with my family. It is amazing how easy it is to fall back into old routines and a different reality.

WHY I LOVE IT HERE:

WEATHER (sounds obvious, Hawaii and all) but I love the way it can rain and be simultaneously sunny--you can see each raindrop sparkle in the light as it falls.

FOOD--lilikoi (passion fruit) juice, guava juice, coconut candy, avo sandwiches, fresh OJ--all from the yard. Also gifts of pineapple, fish, salad greens, all from friends. I feel myself becoming a raw foodie with little effort.

OCEAN--I'm a walk away from gorgeous beaches in SB but something about the balmy, bouncy North shore ocean does it for me. I went for a night swim with my sisters last night. On the way home from town I'll pull off the Hana Highway and rinse the city smut off of me. I never feel cleaner after this type of baptism.

PEACE--the privacy of the country--only the sound of wind and palm fronds.

PUPPIES--I am spoiled with doggy love. I miss my Andrew, but I have a warm b0dy next to me each night--in the form of a hopelessly devoted chihuahua. Also a doe-eyed pit bull sleeping on the carpet next to me. I am never lonely.FLOWERS--I am a flower freak. I am growing a lot in my California garden and tend to keep some in each room. Sexy pinks, white orchids, and red gingers make me happy here!

Looking forward to an eventual return to my Cali life and BF but am very content at the moment...

1 comment:

Larissa said...

I miss home!!! It is super hot in LA, and I could really use a nice waterfall bath.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails