Reasons I feel like celebrating:
I woke up to rain. Hooray! It is currently cleaning the dust and ash off of the leaves--we finally got some homework/coffee shop weather around here.
It's my birthday month! I like the sound of being 27 waaaay better than 26. I'm ready. Bring it on.
I joined the posh Rec Cen at UCSB. I've been biking or walking there most days and am having some quality workouts. It has been WAY too long. Why must I always have to rediscover that working out makes me feel better in all areas of my life?
I've been purging major clutter from my home. And my strong affinity for light blue has disappeared--I'm over the "beach house" theme. Suddenly, I am drawn to black, whites, and reds. I rearranged the furniture in our bedrooms and am going for a more sophisticated look.
I've applied for some jobs I actually really want. And my little sis Lantana got a dream job I am living vicariously through.
It's squash season again.
I got out my paint can and slapped a fresh coat of glossy white on some dingy, chipped, multicolored wooden stools I've been collecting.
Figs! I recently picked some and they are my new fave. My body enjoyed them soooo much. Then I read they are super high in iron, magnesium, and calcium. I must have needed those.
I got one of my early birthday presents--Andrew signed us up for a pottery class with our good friends.
Oh, the same good friends regularly brew--and we were given a pack of the most rich, decadent, delicious homemade beer. One shared is indulgent enough.
I read an article about living simply that validated my lifestyle--we already are a one car family, don't have a home phone, don't have cable/tv, frequently buy things second-hand, and grow some of the food we eat. It made me feel pretty hip.
3 comments:
I'll vouch for 27 - it really is a great age. Only three more days till your birthday!!!
you are too hip to be a square
Not to mention, you and Drewy share a cell phone. I love you guys!!
Post a Comment