
Just say no thanks!
It finally happened. I won the $20 gift card drawing at our local Trader Joe's. I've been bringing my own bags to the store for the last few years...and we shop there almost 2x a week. The odds should be good, right?Well, sadly, the USUALLY friendly workers (lovely folks at our Oregon TJ's but here it's staffed by flirty college students who notice each other--not the customers) rarely offer me a raffle ticket as a reward for bringing my bags.
I try to be polite and not be a bother--but this time...I spoke up. And the girl checker was out of them. So I went to the front and had to get one.
On the ride home I told Andrew how it felt good to finally ask for a ticket. And that I win every contest I enter and that I would have won already if I did this before.
The next morning I had a voice mail from TJ's with the good news!
I like bringing my own bags anyway. I buy them from my favorite stores Mana Foods(Maui) and New Seasons (Oregon) represent! They are so much easier to haul--canvas straps on your shoulders vs. plastic cutting the circulation off your fingers--or paper bags splitting and prematurely showing off your purchases. And I have less clutter piling in the cabinets. And of course it is now fashionable to be "green."

1 comment:
Yay-a for the environment! At Times here, you get a 5 cent discount for bringing your own bag. Not bad! I've probably made like almost half a dollar! Luck is always in your favor (:
Post a Comment