March 4, 2010

Object Study


So, it's calendula season again. I got my hands dirty this afternoon and filled a couple of wheelbarrows with weeds.  (Also, I really like my new Costco glasses...now you all can see how I "decorate" the landing).

My favorite Christmas gift was a 6 month subscription to Netflix (thanks Cristina!). I am now on the second season of Mad Men and look forward to every third night when the next DVD arrives. I love the fashion and history lessons on American culture. Oh, and the treatment of women is infuriating.

I really like kombucha, the delicious fizzy tonic that's supposedly good for you. The ginger flavor is my favorite.  I think if Andrew and I do a toast at our wedding we will have kombucha in our champagne flutes.  Now to learn to make it....

The short bike ride to the beach is an awesome perk of living here. And as I watch people in community grow older, graduate and move on,  I am reminded that I won't live here forever.  So I must make more and more moments like the one pictured above to hold in my heart forever.

2 comments:

Heidi Williams said...

Oh em, that picture by the beach makes me so jealous!

I have also really wanted to watch MadMen as well, but start at the beginning.... perhaps we'll get hip and get netflix sometime soon too.

Ill have to check out that drink, i haven't heard of it - but toasting with that at your wedding is just another reminder how i'm certain it's going to be an amazing beautiful totally original affair!

Unknown said...

kombucha!! I've been drinking kombucha tea every night. So much cheaper than the delicious drink-- but the tea is good too! We'll have to look at some recipes... maybe buy the mushrooms and begin growing them. I think it's kind of like sour dough, you need a starter source. the research begins...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails