March 21, 2010

To Market, To Market..

 
Sundays are about buying fresh food.
 
And flowers.
So grateful for the access to good food.  I've been gardening with kindergarteners the last few weeks and it has been a joy to share the love of fresh real food and its source.  So far the top hits have been lemon thyme "smells like lemonade," wild mint, and broccoli florets right of the plant. 

2 comments:

jhkaye said...

Good purchases? As you know, Sunday is my farmer's market day too. My delicious pint of strawberries did not survive the afternoon.

Last night I made this pasta salad (used penne, added kale, almonds, etc.) and brought the leftovers for lunch. I'm a stranger to saffron but once, on a 4$ whim, grabbed some from Rainbow. A nice introduction!

http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/saffron-pasta-salad-recipe.html

Gina said...

you are sneaky! I didn't even know you were taking photos!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails