We've worked hard to cover the chipped linoleum, the ripped grip tape on the steps, and much more. It's been a fun challenge making this place the best it can possibly be using temporary "renter" measures. But I can't quite bring myself to repaint these cabinets, knowing in a few years I would have to do the tedious task of recoating ever cranny and corner back to Rotten Gold. So, I grudgingly accepted them. But a week ago, while cleaning out a cabinet, I found an old roll of contact paper I bought. I googled "contact paper on cabinets" and discovered a recent movement in apartment therapy. It's been done with positive results.
After easily removing the hardware with a screwdriver, I smoothed a $7 roll of white contact paper over the orange surfaces. I left a bit of an overhang, which I removed by dragging an Exacto knife around the edges. It was so fast and simple. The best part is the white reflects much more light from our window. Along with the 3 mirrors I've put up in there, it really helps to brighten our little kitchen. And when the season arrives in which we depart, it can easily be peeled off.
No comments:
Post a Comment