May 24, 2012

May Days 2012

 Class musical, "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" was a hit. I was a much more relaxed director this year. I avoided being frantic or stage-mom like. It was was for the experience of teamwork. We only practiced about 3 times a week. I expected them to behave like-5 year-olds. Luckily, they did.  Just the delightful well-behaved performance-loving kind.  Gosh, it is hard to let them go after they are molded into such terrific students and we are all so bonded. Eight more days!
 Andrew found a star fish and was really excited about saving it--relocating it to the tide pools. We go the beach every weekend. It's all I know how to do after growing up in Hawaii. What else is there? The mall?
 I found shells and a worn shard of pottery. What should I do with my finds? I tend to drop them in the planters on my porch. I love seashells in a garden. Maybe someday I'll be inspired to make jewelry out them.
 Smell those roses! Oh wait, this is my other hang out. I got to bring my family to the Mission Rose Garden when they were in town. Also, my sisters both came and hung out in my classroom. Holly stayed for the day and boy was she a hit. One student said, "You were MADE to be a teacher," to her. Another said, "Ms. H, your sister is JUST great." She sure is.
Surfer girl Lany gave my long board some action.  Sorry the waves were dinky that day! She handled the numb feet and hands thing well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails