June 24, 2012

Summer

 Summer is here. Being a teacher is intense and I don't know if it would be possible to keep it up without a break. I am finally finding time to organize my home and exercise outside and cook.  And sleep--I'm not tired!
 The Santa Barbara Botanical Garden meadow and wildflowers.
 I'm finding time to play around in the kitchen again. Shopping for quality ingredients (and new veggies) makes me happy.
Andrew and I had an indulgent breakfast at Jeannine's. And then walked it off at the beach. I like to go the dog beaches and laugh at all the happy offleach pooches.
 A wedding giftcard to William and Sonoma was burning a whole in my pocket (almost two years later). I spent the last bit on a Zoku Ice Pop maker. I've been a little obsessed with fruit. I also like to put frozen fruit through my juicer on the puree setting and eat it like sorbet.
I'm getting into oatmeal (and fruit!) again. I really appreciate the Steel Cut instant oats from Trader Joe's. The great thing about oatmeal is you can add so many different toppings--it never gets dull.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these pics! Are they all from your iphone? If so, it's impressive.

Emily said...

Thanks Amy! Yes, iPhone pics only. I swore I would still use a reg camera when I got a smartphone, but it's too easy.

jhkaye said...

Enjoy your summer! You deserve it. What are those purple things in your salad?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails