July 21, 2012

Summer Fun

 I've been home on Maui for while now. I am happy to say I brought Andrew along. It is hard to drag this committed scientist away from his studies. He still worked on data analysis a few hours a day. He is now back on the mainland, plugging away in the lab, but it was fun to be free with him out here.
 I walk most mornings with my mom or sister (who actually runs). This is a view of my old Middle School. It sure looks prettier now than I remember it from that dark time period.
 Or we walk along the beach. The sun is so intense here. You've got to hide out during the midday hours. But that ocean is so warm, bouncy and soothing.
 FRUIT! Yum. It's one of my very favorite things.
 Playing on the trampoline in mom's yard... we become kids again.
We spent July 4th at my Aunt's glorious condo on the other side of the island. It's fun to play tourist. 

I can't believe it has been almost a month since I blogged. The internet is very spotty here (again, reminds me of being a kid).  It's kind of nice having a break from technology but I do miss writing and connecting.  Aloha!

1 comment:

jhkaye said...

Thanks for keeping your faithful readers in the loop while roughing it on the islands.

Lantana is such graceful trampoline-er. I feel like the last time I tried I almost bit my tongue off.

California (your other home) misses you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails