I am happy to blog announce that we're having a baby! I am 19 weeks and a few days. This is a big deal and it took me by surprise at first. I needed a lot of time to wrap my head around it and adjust to the idea, and think about how it will change my life. And make sure it was really real. I feel ready though. I love Andrew more than ever and know he'll be a devoted Dad. I've mothered my whole life as a big sister, babysitter, nanny, and teacher. And, I really love babies. I like to joke that they are my favorite animal. And I already especially love this little baby, and telling it about the life we can have together.
I just got home from 4 weeks with my family on Maui. This baby will make my youngish, hip parents grandparents, and make my fun-loving siblings aunts and uncles. It was very comforting to be around my people and know that this little baby will have great people to love it and guide it. Is it wrong to say 'it'? I mean it with affection and endearment. I also know that I'm not having a baby but also a toddler, kid, and teenager. I am adding another person to my family circle. It's exciting.
I also feel like I'm showing a lot, which also makes it less private. My mom's reaction when she first saw me: Whoa, are they sure they got your due date right? I think the changes to my body are fascinating and ultra feminine. I feel powerful, knowing I can make life.
I was debating whether to blog abut baby stuff on here or start a new one. I think I'll go with my much-neglected blog. So, get ready...
We find out the gender next week. Any guesses???
5 comments:
yayyyyy!!! You look so great. I'm so excited for you - I look forward to reading more and letting you pave the way :) No doubt that little "it" will be spoiled with love!
It's a girl, I've decided. But I've been wrong before!
You wear pregnancy beautifully. Keep up the good work.
Awwww, congrats! We must be right at the same stages. You look GREAT! (I mean, 4 weeks in Maui will do that to a girl, right?)
I'm really happy for you. xoxoxo
Congratulations, Em & Andrew. So happy for you! What a wonderful new chapter in your lives. Sending lots of love your way. :)
You and Andrew are going to love parenthood!
My guess is girl :)
Post a Comment