November 8, 2008

Telling the Truth: Growing up is Hard

Weathering the storm...

This has been a difficult month. I am trying to remember that challenges bring about opportunities for growth.

Three hard things:

1. Andrew was diagnosed with testicular cancer. He's doing really well and we're confident he'll be fine and know we'll both be better than ever from this in the long run. Still, surgeries and chemo aren't usually part of the plan in your 2oies.

2. One of my best friends, who has been far away from me, is facing a divorce. It is hard to imagine my beautiful friend being hurt and feeling alone. I am proud of her for being so strong and getting herself out of a bad situation.

3. A couple we are friendly with just lost their baby the day before it was due. A lovely, radiant mom-to-be and her husband who was already the doting dad. They did everything right--it is so senseless and tragic. My heart is broken for them.

I have never felt older. I know life works in cycles of ups-and-downs and am quickly learning that things don't always go as expected. Changing and adapting to new circumstances is part of growing up... I have an internal debate about to blogging about these things. I decided I to be honest today rather than write about the flower arrangement I made this morning or the gingerbread I made last night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails