December 13, 2008

52 Pieces: Art by Maui Girl Renee Coates

One of my dear friends from way back (say, age 10), Renee Coates is a talented artist with an ingenious blog called 52 Pieces. Each week, people can bid on new painting. Soon, we will also be able to do the same with high-quality prints of those gorgeous originals. I can't wait, since I am still mourning those originals I missed out on but now plan to write Santa for copies of. I know how hard it can be to write a single blog in one week--Renee pulls of posting a blog--and doing an original painting. Each. Week.

Her art covers all of my personal favorites--flowers, fish, fruit, cattle, beautiful faces. Those things that are ubiquitous and taken for granted while in the Hawaiian Islands. I especially appreciate seeing her art on my walls while residing in the mainland--it's like having a piece of home with me. Plus, if she was a talented artist in middle school you should see her now. My friends really make me proud.
May '08: Larissa from The Larissa Monologues, Katy Renee from 52 Pieces and me

Anyway, Katy--err Renee (childhood nicknames are hard habits to break) and her clever blog are being featured on blogs.com. And Renee has picked Emily October as one of her top ten favorite blogs! I am seriously flattered that my humble little hideout on the blogosphere is listed here. In my paranoia I haven't let any of many people in on this blog, nor have I made it searchable in search engines, and I have yet to comment on a single stranger's blog (called delurking right?). I think it is time I get over my stranger=danger phobia and become a more neighborly blogger. A writer is supposed to want an audience, right?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out Em! Yes, you should definitely try to conquer your blogging fear (I go thru the same thing) and know the world wants to hear from you! No shame :-)

Your friend,
Katy aka Renee

Larissa said...

Hey, we're all grown up. When did that happen?

lany said...

hmm. maybe this means oliver will get some play :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hello people. I'm honestly into shoes and I was looking for the sake of that particular brand. The prices for the velcros are approximately 190 pounds on every site. But definitively I base this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase those. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hi friends. I'm really into shoes and I have been digging as far as something that meticulous model. The prices as regards the velcros were about 210 pounds on every page. But finally I bring about this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum.. Hope to have nice time around here...

so how is everyone doing? Dennis from [url=http://www.myonlinepayday.com]Payday Loans[/url] website!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails