April 7, 2009

April Rain Song

Let the rain kiss you
Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops

Let the rain sing you a lullaby

The rain makes still pools on the sidewalk

The rain makes running pools in the gutter

The rain plays a little sleep song on our roof at night

And I love the rain.

--Langston Hughes

I spent this weekend in the warm sun. Tomatoes, basil, and peppers were planted while my neighbors all worked in their own gardens nearby. I swung by the beach and found it packed. I spent some time alongside some other neighbors out polishing up their bikes. I shiny-ed up and de-rusted my bicycles, replaced a busted tire tube, and *finally* splurged on a cute wire basket. I sipped ice coffee in the park. I attended a barbecue. My mind has been on all things summer.

Today I biked in to have lunch with A, and noticed it was a bit cooler out. On the way home, I was riding in a downpour. Although I had to squint through the thick raindrops, I was grinning the whole time (probably looking a bit crazed). It's still spring!

Rainy day: tree has leaves again & my container gardens are loving it.

I'm giddy over this reprieve from our usual sunshine. Listening to the rain fall feels very romantical. I think I'll light some candles, play some some sad songs, and turn the heater back on.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails