One of my very favorite places is the Rose Garden.
I like the sound of the fountain, the warm stone benches, and the fragrance garden that surrounds it.
I like the golden retriever that regularly takes a plunge into the fountain.
I like the old ladies with motley mutts, who tell me once a week that their dogs are vegetarian.
I like the beautiful Spanish style homes across the street with trellised lemon trees.
I like telling the tourists who ask me, the local, about the Mission across the street.
I like watching commercials filmed and photography students set up shoots.
I like the purple mountains just beyond and witnessing their colors change with the season.
I like looking up at the monstrous eucalyptus trees and thinking about how pleased my dad would be with the quality of their care.
I like slipping off my work shoes and putting my toes in the cooling grass.
I like looking down at the glittery ocean and the sailboats dotting the waters.
I like the roses.
They makes me feel dreamy about a celebration of love
with flowers, friends, food, family and fun.
These days I especially adore deep saturated jewel tones.
Please pass on the pastels and give me the rich festive hues of of Summer.

2 comments:
That made me smile!
I am transported. Keep 'em coming, oh picture poet!
Post a Comment