Once we become old people who tend to eat at home, we became thrilled with the frozen pizza selection (made in Italy, mind you) at our local TJ's. Though they are only about $4 each, after a few years the flavors are now tired and too familiar. So now my new favorite trick is to buy the bagged "almost whole wheat" pizza dough and make my own pizza creations.
Every pizza we have is different and pretty much just depends on what's in the fridge. Most are pretty good but a few have been incredible:
THAI CHIK'N PIZZA
(Note: this picture does not do it justice.)
(Note: this picture does not do it justice.)
I have Andrew stretch the crust onto a baking sheet and then we pre-bake it a bit.
I made the pizza sauce with peanut butter, soy sauce, chili paste, curry powder, some sugar, sesame oil, and a bit of fresh garlic and ginger. So spicy and good!
Then the toppings were: crimini mushrooms, Maui onion, red bell pepper, a yellow summer squash, and chopped Veggie Chik'n Strips from Trader Joe's.
I then sprinkled it with mozzarella and baked it. Once out of the oven, I put a slice of avocado on each piece and topped it with a faint drizzle of sweet chili sauce.
Onolicious! I will certainly be repeating this Asian Fusion creation (in some variation). Who would have thought peanut butter and pizza were a good combo? My favorite Italian word works here: Incredibile! In-cred-DEE-bee--lay!
1 comment:
Yum. I always want to make pizza, but keep forgetting to buy dough when I'm at the store.
Post a Comment