Moonlight is sculpture.
~Nathaniel Hawthorne
Under the full moon last night, I headed out on a last minute photo field trip with photographer friends. I know how lovely it is here during the day, but it is wonderful to rediscover the beauty of night. After a mini-lesson on F-stop, aperture, and exposure, it was so much fun to take photos of the blackened distance (what mountains?) It turn out so bright and beautiful. Magic!
Very Cold Night. Balanced my table top tripod on the condensation-coated-car roof.
Midnight
Not a sound from the pavement
Has the moon lost her memory?
She is smiling alone.
She is smiling alone.
-Memory from Cats
I can't help it. This song lingers in my sub-conscious ever since 7th grade choir. Thanks for listening.
5 comments:
ohh my gosh! I totally remember you singing that song! now it's echoing in my head... i can hear your voice! ahaha!
Stunning photos Em, wish I was there!
omg! that SONG! I'm with Holly!!
You should go pro-photog--start shooting weddings or something, pays pretty good you know.
You are awesome!
Em, these are great! What a cool location!! Night stuff is so fun!.. These look really good. I am terrible at knowing the settings easily. Everytime i do it, i need a refresher course.
I looked at your pics big too and they are great.
Do you know what you have your ISO setting on? If you can turn it down lower, it might cut down on the photo "noise"
Yay, they made it to the blog! Thanks for coming out, wasn't it fun???
Haha on the cats song...an oldie but a goodie. I remember when my parents went and they brought me back the program...meeeeeeeeeeeeeeemories!
H & L: Love that you guys are also haunted by the Memory song.
Thanks for being good photo mentors Heidi & Kiki. So fun.
Post a Comment