Last season I purchased a pile of tuberose bulbs (something I had written and posted on a Things To Do list)at the Farmers Market. I was so happy to harvest my very first of these fragrant flowers. I grew up with them in leis but never had actually seen one growing.
This sassy hummingbird kept frolicking about in my pineapple sage and flirting with my camera. The sun had already dropped so low-light didn't make for any good shots. I love that tuberoses also suit him.
I planted milkweed, since it's the only food source for monarch caterpillars. These caterpillars are enjoying it and will eventually pollinate my plants as lovely butterflies. Though I think they are also pretty charming as chubby caterpillars, don't you? Our community garden is an official monarch waystation on their seasonal migratory path. You can see them clustered together in the branches of the nearby eucalptus.
2 comments:
I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link
I am not going to be original this time, so all I am going to say that your blog rocks, sad that I don't have suck a writing skills
Post a Comment