Acquiring art and taking photographs comes easily to me. It's the processing part that gets me. Printing, framing, and displaying are art forms of their own and are likely to be procrastinated around here. One of my fifty New Year resolutions is to be better about printing and displaying photographs.
In my family, we all have homes decorated with the art of my Aunt Nancy. Her cheerful, tropical art deserves a post of its own. In the meanwhile, I came across a copy of an old watercolor she did of my brother, sister, and me at the beach (the middle picture above). Don't I look fabulous in a pink ruffly one-piece?
My Auntie June is a lawyer and an enthusiastic hobbyist: she weaves on a loom, plays several instruments, attends dance class, and has taken up oil painting. This love of learning is prevalent in my family and contributes to keeping everyone young and interesting. I'm impressed with her vigor, but also the art she has recently produced and displayed. Above you can see some ripe papayas and some red and green ti-leaves inspired by her visits to Hawaii.
I especially enjoy art created by those I love.
I admire the many strong talented women in my family. Here I am laughing with my Grandma and her girls Nancy (top) and June (bottom center).
No comments:
Post a Comment