Pink and Green are especially lovely when found in nature together. I love how water beads up on these water-retaining leaves. The fleshy appearance of these cactus-like plants is very refreshing in a not-overly-green landscape.
I found a use for a funky-Andrew-made vase with a cracked bottom: a ready-made planter! You can easily create new succulent plants by breaking off any new growth and sticking it in some moist soil. They require minimal watering. Over-watering will cause the stems to rot and the leaves to wrinkle up and fall off. They are pretty effortless in the arid climate of California.
This made me laugh. Proof of how easy succulents propagate. To anyone who believes in black thumbs here is proof that plants WANT to live. A single succulent leaf (is that term right?) got caught in the cracks of the rooftop adjacent to my porch area. Now we have a lovely little jade plant growing itself next to a faded old tennis ball.
2 comments:
I am a succulent lover. Have you been to lotus land? I need to ask my friend Bethany because her grandma is a docent, but I've heard it is fantastic and you would be the right person to go with to appreciate it.
Lotus Land has been on my to-do list since before I moved here. It is pricey but it looks worth it.
Post a Comment