May 30, 2010

Flavors of the Month


On a whim I picked up a $2 bag of dried wakame seaweed. It rang a bell but I wasn't super familiar with it. I recently rehydrated some to add to a pot of miso soup. Actually, more of a miso stew since I add tons of vegetables and whisk in a few eggs so it is rich and egg-drop-soup-esque. Turns out, I love wakame! It is the bit of green you often find floating in your restaurant miso. I added it to my packed lunch of brown rice, cucumber slices, and tofu. It added the refreshing salty tanginess of sea vegetables.
I am really appreciating our new glass tuperware. It's BPA free and a lot more elegant to eat out of.

Beet greens are SO delicious. I may have waxed poetic about them before but it is worthy saying again. Even if you aren't one for the sweet earthy flavor of beets, the greens are delightful. Especially after wilted in cast iron with a bit of garlic. I am the person who scavenges the farmer's market for the tops you've asked to be cut off.

An ordinary dinner of impromptu curry was made special by the last minute addition of mango. It made the meal. I used frozen Asian vegetable, frozen peas, frozen mango, and a bottle of red curry sauce all from Trader Joe's. Recommend.

I usually not one for following or recording recipes so I find taking a picture is a fabulous way of recapturing the essence of a successful dish.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yum Emily! Wakeme is so good for you too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails