We got tickets home to Maui last December at the last minute. They had been incredibly expensive for a month so I was waiting for prices to drop. They didn't. At the last minute we found a ticket out of Santa Barbara (way more convenient than LAX) and while it was expensive, it was cheaper than any flight out of CA...we considered all major airports.
After we purchased the tickets, we realized they were first class. What a fun surprise. Andrew and I counted our tickets as our holiday gift to each other. We were giddy kiddies.
Another perk: You can check luggage for free--we brought one full of gifts for my family.
Riding an airport shuttle. Feeling happy!
I promised to give the first class scoop. We were greeted with Mai Tais, you are given hot towels to clean up with, you get two windows, not one. Real plates and a place mat. We newbies were ignorant about how to get the table out.
It was indeed a lot more comfortable. I didn't feel like drinking alchahol since it is already so dry in the plane. But I had my share of mini-water bottles. They really like to check in on you and offer things. The people across from us were drinking White Russians and other fancy drinks every five minutes.
Overall, the best part of it was just having more breathing space. It was way less crowded...with less personalities stuffed into one tiny room. I don't think it is worth the extra money (I love deals) but it was a great thing to experience. It was a lot like a flight that is really uncrowded with lots of extra seats everywhere, and just that overall calmer feelings.
1 comment:
First class to Hawaii sounds like my life dream! :)
We also accidentally got first class on a flight last year and the best part was getting in line first for everything.
Post a Comment