It feels a little odd to take pictures at a memorial. I taught the day before, took a red eye, and then a cab straight to Arlington National Cemetary the next morning. I wanted to be present in spirit and not too carried away picture takings. But also, grief (and travel) can be numbing. I appreciate having pictures to reflect on later.
Arlington National Cemetery is a very moving place. Grandpa gave a lot of us life to the US Navy, as the captain of a submarine. He was an optics major in college. He was an amazing photographer! I have so many wonderful pictures to look at from his 89 years on this planet.
Though it was extremely soggy out, it was unseasonably warm. The cherry blossoms were confused.
A Nest. Blossoms blooming. Life. Death. Seasons.

1 comment:
I was sad to miss this and appreciate the photos. Thanks for taking them.
Post a Comment