I've
been working casually the last two weeks. Popping into my classroom to
move some furniture... The last two days have been a fervent effort to
have the room ready for introductions to my new children and parents. I
look forward to falling in love with a new set.
I met them and they were all so cute my eyes watered. I've had some great kids but this set may be my cutest yet.
Now
is Day 3. It is so weird to have to re-earn the trust and support of a
group of parents. My Ks who are now first graders seem so seasoned and
the parents who come back and visit are so relaxed, positive, and
comfortable around me. Day 1 is always about the hardest day of the
year. It's surely getting better.
Physically, I don't know if I can be the work-a-holic or perfectionist
version of myself. I collapse when I come home. I just don't know how to
do my job with grace or style without putting in tons of time. WHAT DO I
DO???
I have 28 kids! I hear of schools with 18 per class. That is like a third less...shouldn't we get paid per kid or something?
Okay, other things:
*I bought some beautiful bushy white hydrangeas that are making me happy this minute.
*I peeled myself out of bed at 7pm for a sunset walk with Andrew. My
walking is less stride-y and purposeful and becoming more waddle-y
waggle-y. Breathing in the ocean and watching the purple gold lighting
on the ocean made me happier than I've been in awhile
*I feel guilty that I pretty much forget I'm pregnant while at work. I
am SO busy I can't even read a text message. Funny and kind texts roll
in from friends and sisters and I don't even look. It makes me feel
guilty again. I should have energy to remember my friends and my baby!
*A dear little student, gently put her hand on my tummy and asked, "Is
there a baby in there?" I replied, "Yes there is." Another student
overheard, "WHAAAAAT? YOU'RE HAVING A BABY???" These kiddos haven't seen
me before this, and being 5 are very accepting..I think they mostly
took my rounded physique as just me. I told them the baby might not come
until around Christmas...the conversation quickly turned into what they
want for Christmas and how much they love Santa Claus. It takes time to
develop a community of children that are actually interested in one
another and other people.
*My new school clothes are all
from OLD NAVY maternity (online). They are pretty cute and make me feel a
bit perkier. And talk about affordable compared to Motherhood
Maternity, our ONLY maternity options in town.
Happy End of Summer!
1 comment:
Love to read about your adorable little kiddos. Especially the one you are growing right now (:
Can't wait to see some more belly pics in future posts!
Post a Comment