Highlights from the outing:
The rolling hills we drove through were all a vibrant green from recent rain and I saw snow-capped mountains in the distance Purple lupines were dotting the sides of the 101.
Solvang is a fun town, with a Little Mermaid statue and windmills. It was also full of professional cycling teams and their memorabilia.
I enjoyed the happy crowd full of cycling enthusiasts and cancer fighters. Right before my battery died, I caught this image of a pro cylist whizzing by.
The highlight for many people was American hero Lance Armstrong flying by in his yellow LIVESTRONG jersey. I learned a lot more about him after reading his book It's Not About the Bike: My Journey Back to Life. You can check out my goodreads.com review.
It was a festive atmosphere. Andrew, who started working in a bike shop at age 11, recognized all sorts of fancy valuable bikes. He pointed out old ladies on $3000 bikes, and banged up Subarus with $30, 000 in bikes stacked on the roof. I heard many European accents in the crowd and was excited to see an older couple on a racing tandem.


2 comments:
a-diddy and mr. armstrong are ballers!
I hope you honked your horn in that tunnel!
Post a Comment