...then don't come around.
--Ben Harper
--Ben Harper
When Jesusita Fire (named after the hiking trail near where it started) in Santa Barbara started it was considered manageable, and sort of old hat. We've had three fires since I moved here, and two in the last year. The one that was raging nearby when I moved here had been going on for 3 months.
Unfortunately, the Sundowner winds and hot-hot-hot temperatures led it to an out-of-control, raging mess.
At the start:
We prepared to evacuated, since the warnings were just one exit away. Fortunately, we've been safely situated. We stayed inside all weekend (so NOT my style) to avoid falling ash and lung damage. I did pressing things like clean our spice rack and detail the vacuum cleaner. We made it out to the theater at one point to see the latest X-Men movie (great distraction) and gathered with friends to watch "Milk" (I heart San Francisco--and Sean Penn).
1 comment:
I heart MILK and San Fran too. I miss my homeland!
Post a Comment