
This little skunklet was hanging out in a neighbor's caged in garden plot.
Note: This is why my garden plots aren't barricaded/suburbia-ed off. The poor little guy was shaking in his booties as the neighborhood kids tried to
rescue capture him. He must have been too young to spray (shucks) but don't worry, I broke out my bossy teacher voice and had them release him.

We rode our tandem bike right next to this dangerous looking sunbather. Andrew had me turn and check him out only
after we passed him by. Rumor is he is a gopher snake who goes for little animals that eat our veggies so I'm supposed to like him. Snakes bring out a primal fear in me. Maybe because I didn't grow up with them--Hawaii is a snake-free zone. Snake lore is intriguing, I just don't want to see them.

Yes, there are a few trees in this desert. It's hard to imagine but this whole area was once an oak forest. I was laying under this tree and I found its beauty striking. I was doing sit-ups (!?) Yes, I'm officially committed to getting in shape again. I am going to reduce the layer of pudge that accidentally accumulated when I wasn't paying attention. Plus, due to working with germy little people, I really need to boost my immunity and avoid this whole pig flu scandal.

The last neighbor I am featuring is Fairview Gardens. I love walking through this organic farm admiring the fair view and picking up small-scale growing inspiration. Plus, they have cute chickens. I took this pic from the library window. Yes, I'm the person wandering the stacks with my zoom lens out. ;-)
3 comments:
I heart Fairview Gardens too! Have you met the chickens and goats and cats too? Have you met Katia (I think that is her name?) the lady with the french accent? She is a beautiful person, and I only talked with her once.
I love meeting the neighbors. The picture of the skunk brings me back to living on the ranch. In the 3 months that Amber and I lived there she got skunked 4 times! I'm so glad those (stinky) days are over. :) There has been a lot of discussion and scheming in the Nabob, and talks of possibly getting some chicks. If only we can convince our landlord this is a great idea...
Also, glad to hear you like the care package. ;)
what a cute lil' skunky! Oh Em how your blog brightens the days of us office drudges (-:
Post a Comment