My cute lil computer has become dysfunctional to the point where I need to send it in. The mouse doesn't work and windows randomly open and close. Somehow, I am attempting to squeeze a blogpost in before that day comes.
I miss blogging. And twitter. And gmail chat. And sorting through my digital pictures.
I picked two pints of homegrown strawberries from the field tonight.... and I found flats of Dahlias for $2 each. They're labeled as summer annuals when they're actually perennials that will return year after year... I can't wait to get my planting on.
I've been working long hours these last few weeks. It isn't at my ideal job but I am thrilled to be working in my field (sort of) and making money (sort of). I am trying to put my heart into it, pay my dues, and learn along the way. So far I have had a fair balance of pleasant and hellish days.
I dropped out of two of my classes, photoshop and sewing, due to new work commitments. But I am still in drawing class...which I love and strongly recommend. So far we have drawn hands and shoes. I spent two hours yesterday working on shading, which is all new to me. I bought myself a red colored pencil and hope to find time outside of class to lose myself in this new found hobby.
*I rejoined sewing class--just switched to the evening class. I learned how to hem pants!
Santa Barbara is on fire! I've been watching the plumes of smoke balloon out from the flames and have been hearing helicopters and firetrucks all evening. It got up to 95 degrees today with atypical wind which is only contributing to the mess. Most of downtown is evacuated. This is the fourth fire we've had since moving to the area. I am grateful I live just far enough away from this one.
What's new in your world readers?
5 comments:
schools done! Only thing left is finals week. YAY! I cant decide if I should take ceramics or drawing next semester to fulfill a requirement. Which would you suggest?
I taught last night until 11. I gave a demo on projectile motion using the Tracker applet. My faculty assistant helped one student when she got frustrated. This probably kept her from leaving early and falling hopelessly behind; another little victory on the teaching front. I worked with another group on a modified Atwood machines to investigate Newton's 2nd Law (you know...F = ma). Much fun, although too late for my d'ruthrers.
I was watching the fires on the news, and was thinking of you last night!
So sad to hear about your computer. :( We miss the updates! I am totally jealous about your homegrown strawberries. It'll probably be another month and a half before I can go to u-pick farms. Our local farmers markets are just opening this week, it's very exciting! Our planter box was built and I just bought $50 worth of soil!
We should get crafty together. You should make an Etsy account!
Post a Comment