October 4, 2009

Avocado is the Aztec Word for...

testicle.

Really, go ahead and google it.

Santa Barbara County has its share of festivals...Lemon, Summer Soltice, Fiesta, French... I'm noticing a pattern--same vendors, food stands, different title. Today was the Avocado Festival. Avocados are definitely worth celebrating. So are testicles (healthy remaining ones especially).

The best part was it was in the adorable, dinky little town of Carpinteria (or Carp).

Carpinteria happens to be right on the beach. The water was a comfortable temp. Bouncing around in the waves cleared up any crowd exhaustion I felt. Hawaii restoked my desire to be in the water, not just at the water.

Two outgoing elderly ladies stopped me in the crowd to tell me I was making quite the fashion statement. This camo hat, the avocado necklace I made ages ago, and a ruffly green beach dress? I'm still not positive if this was a compliment...

1 comment:

The New Simons said...

Oh sounds like fun Em! Andreas and I talked about going to the Avo festival, but never committed. Sounds like it was interesting! And I'm sure you looked cute in your little avo outfit! Wish I could have seen it! xo, Rach

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails