October 1, 2009

Octoberness

My email to the world as Andrew put it.

Hawaii was Hawaii in all the ways I wanted it to be. It is impossibly beautiful--and it's home. I'm feeling more like myself. Ichecked in with my people (and miss them even more). Now I'm back in California and I've had a few teensy tiny pangs of homesick but I'm actually more content being here now than I was before.

I hit up my best yoga class and remember why I love it. My muscles are so sore from two days ago that I skipped tonight. I don't think my arms could hold me up.

My vision has worsened, which is supposedly normal. The good part about this is I hadn't realized and now my new contacts make me feel like I have super human vision.

My garden is comprised of clay beds with brown weeds sticking out. I'm visualizing these weeds gone, as well as composty, fluffed-up dirt, and fresh new seedlings. But, what? Any ideas? I'm drawing a blank.

I'm reading "The Tortilla Curtain" and I love it so far. The social commentary is gritty/honest/horrifying. A book hasn't made me look forward to bed time (read-time) like this in awhile.

I'm aware that this is a silly, random posting. I've missed blogging and it's October again. Some have asked and I'm Emily October only in a quick attempt to find a still-available domain name. October is my birth month and one of my favorites.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hey Em, Good to hear from you! Joe and I will be going to Maui in October for a week and am looking forward to spending some time at home. I'm happy to hear you had a great trip!

I've been planting daffodils and tulips and considering planting some onions, garlic, lettuce, and kale. I hear those are good fall planting veggies for this area. We'll see though. It's great to see the leaves starting to change, but sad to have to start digging up the garden. Take care!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails