February 3, 2012

Baltimore (Bodymore)


I have a weird thing for Baltimore... see a post from last summer I almost forgot about. My dad grew up in DC so I'm much more familiar with that pretty, polished city. I have a younger cousins who live in Baltimore and relished the chance to visit them in their stomping ground. 

Courtney, in her townhouse. It is soooo cute. (And so is she). And she has a porch roof!

They had a "Hon" themed Christmas tree.
Well, Courtney, actually lives in a charming regentrified (safe-ish?) part of Baltimore called Canton:

Where they also believe in buying local.  My cousins (twins) take a water taxi across the harbor to work. Isn't that awesome?
I love old buildings. We don't have many in Hawaii (or California, really).  And I know these are babies compared to the oldies of Europe. But it still charms me.

The nitty-gritty Baltimore Rat....
And my cheerful Aunt posing as Charlie B.

We got really into The Wire...watching all five seasons over the last few years. What an excellent TV show....ahhh, I miss it. It was set among the crime and corrupt politicians of Baltimore (which you read in the graffiti in one scene in the opening as Bodymore, Murderland).

I have provided you the opening scene and trailer of Season 1, Episode 1 so you can say you've started watching the series. It has amazing diaologue, actors, and provides a lot of social commentary. It is a teensy bit hard to follow at first (it requires your attention) but is so worth watching. Omar Little is my favorite criminal/character...apparently he is Obama's favorite too. Here he is on my pinterest board-- Great Characters.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails