Andrew was at a science conference (still is) so I had time to chill. I work with people in kind of an intense way, if you count 28 five-and six-year-olds consuming and excessive company. I really do appreciate moments solitude. Am I an introvert? Or, am I an overspent extravert? Not sure.
| Meerkats remind me a lot of chihuahuas. Oh, and I went on the skyfari pod thing across the park even though I was a big baby about it being scary (it wasn't so bad). |
This zoo had beautiful landscaping and was cool and lush with bountiful shade. I didn't feel overly-sorry for trapped-looking animals: it felt like their space, we were the ones crowded into the corridor. There were a lot of strollers to dodge. I forgot my memory card so all the pictures are courtesy of my iPhone 4 and the PicFrames app.
Mama panda bear eating bamboo and Papa panda bear passed out. There was a separate line to view these Chinese citizens. They were under high security with their own narrator. . I felt like Papa Bear's body language was a bit uninviting.
I wish I knew what these creatures were. It was better than the ballet! First rate performers. I wasn't sure if it was sibling rivalry or a romantic encounter.
The fashion inspiration of many fancy ladies...giraffes and zebras. And, meerkats piled like puppies in the sunshine.
I drove back solo which made me feel like an empowered independent woman. It was four hours and through crazy LA during the Oscars. And, I grew up on an island that only takes a couple hours to drive around (at 30 mph). But I did it just fine. I love the bluetooth radio--I chatted with family members and listened to my fairytale (A Game of Thrones, Book 2). This is the first audiobook, well second, I've ever listened too. I read the book version in bed before I sleep.
Oh, and I took a couple of pee-breaks and back-hurting-prevention breaks. One break was at a dusty gas station and the other was in Calabasas. Which is really quite pretty and swanky... On google maps, I saw the Kardashian store DASH was a block away from the Barnes and Noble I peed at. Their show is on Netflix so I am finally hip to who they are.
2 comments:
Could those mysterious creatures be wart-hogs? Oliver sits like a meerkat, and so I think this is where we see the parallel (think meerkat, meerkat, cha cha cha). LOVE the pics Em!
Those are really good zoo animal pics! I could use some pool time myself...have a good trip!
Post a Comment