March 1, 2012

Happy March

My cousin is getting married.  In Yosemite. Our Aunt did a portrait of her and her intended for the invitations. Aren't they beautiful?  My cousin is also my BFF and a fellow loner Californian with me. The rest of our very close-knit family lives in Hawaii or Maryland. I get really sad when she leaves the state, even though she's five hours North. My San Francisco neighbor. Hi Jan! Love you! Can't wait to celebrate you and yours and ours.
I used to have a community garden. It was an obsession since I was underemployed and really like plants and eating vegetables. I gave up my garden lots. I saw it recently...they hacked the rose bushes into stumps in the ground--it is horrifying.

Recently, I decided to grow some with my kinders. Sprouts have sprouted! Also, I read The Lorax to the kids today and teared up and we talked about how they are the future of the world and How YOU DONT NEED A THNEED even though TV will tell you you do. You do NEED clean air and water and trees....and then I talked a little smack about LA and the 8 lanes of traffic each way and smog and we wondered if they used to have barbaloot bears or swamiswans before it was all cement. 
March came! It was windy. We marked the Start of Spring, Day Lights Saving, Spring Break, St. Patty's day, and Dr. Seuss' birthday on the Calendar.

My blogs aren't very polished or organized. Sorry. I'm aiming for quantity > quality. Hope it isn't showing too much.  Thank you for reading, readers.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Don't forget about meee! I am not in MD or HI (:

I am very much so looking forward to my first ever spring on the mainland. I haven't even traveled to the mainland during these months before-- I'm liking it so far!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails