March 13, 2012

Mad Men Yourself

I'm very happy to hear Mad Men is returning soon!  My avatar has a familiar teachery-dress, pearls, and coffee. I had been pumping up the adrenaline with multiple cups of coffee all morning and into the afternoon, to get through my days. It was starting to feel like "fake" energy. It was a bit painful at first, but I have cut way back, skipping days and drinking tea. I do love the taste, smell, and ritual of coffee. Parents of students kindly bring me coffees, and I never say no.  I just need more moderation and balance (and yoga sessions.)

After school today a few parents stuck around and started doing the splits with their kids on the carpet. I joined in, dropped into the splits (still got it, phew!), then a dad started walking around on his hands. It was a happy moment in my day. 

2 comments:

jhkaye said...

Here's mine
https://picasaweb.google.com/108725707059391644256/DropBox?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMKOi8O__ZH9lwE&feat=directlink

I wanted the accordion but it covers up all your other beautiful accessories!

Holly said...

These kids' parents sound great!

I have to say, I think that avatar is a dead-ringer for you. Maybe you should start wearing pearls to work?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails