| Lotusland: Seashells and gardens always makes me happy. |
1. I went to a work meeting that got out at nearly 7---AND it was still light out.
2. Though I'm not a soda girl, I bought something called "Dry Rhubarb Soda" out of curiosity at Whole Foods. I do love rhubarb--I once grew it! Drinking this beverage is making me feel exotic.
3. Andrew is a out refilling our 10 gallons of water. He does this without complaining every week and keeps me from being thirsty or contaminated from the unpalatable tap water of Santa Barbara.
4. I am watching one daffodil slowly open on my coffee table, while the rest are still thick green buds. Inexpensive enough that I bought a bunch for work too.
5. My students are great singers. They sing with gusto and joy and it makes me smile (Grand Old Flag and America the Beautiful are tops).
6. Knowing I will see my family in just over a month! Sisters and Dad are coming to town in honor of our cousin's wedding.
7. My 87-years-young Grandma will be there! It has been a long time since I've seen that born-and-raised DC girl outside of DC. And now we get to celebrate in Yosemite together.
8. My Car. The gas mileage isn't as shockingly good as our 1990 Toyota Celica. But it is shiny and pretty and has a radio and handsomely tinted windows. It makes me swoon a little still.
9. I love my coworkers. They are the unsung heroes of my life. They've got my back. And are so dedicated and talented and generous with their time, materials, advice, support. They understand what my days are composed of in a way no one else can. It's a special bond.
10. Spring Break. One week away. Last year was Joshua Tree. The year before was Death Valley. We have no plans, but I know I need to get out of town. Any suggestions??! Any marvels I must see soon?
1 comment:
Come visit all of us up in Portland!! Or go snowboarding in Lake Tahoe or Check out cheap vacation deals and randomly go somewhere you've never been before. Whatever you do, I'm sure it will be great-- even if it's just catch up on sleep! (I vote for Pdx though!)
Post a Comment