March 4, 2012

Happy Simple Stuff

 I love our new (to us) car. My old one was 22 years old, with a challenging trunk that only opened sometimes. This one has a button for locking and unlocking and the back pops open. With the seats down we can lay in it.  I also appreciate our new grocery bags, representing my homes. I have to walk a distance from where I park. I like reusable bags not only because they are pretty--they don't tear open.
Our juicer has been getting some play.  Tonight was wilty celery, carrots, a fennel bulb, green apples and some ginger for a kick.  Thanks Uncle Greg. We really do use all of our wedding presents.
Aren't the newest love stamps so pretty? My fancy thumbnail is thanks to Sally Hanson's Nail effects polish strips. Cheaper than a pro manicure and really fun. I actually get a little freaked at nail places...strangers holding your hands and hacking at your feet. And the fumes are a little too intense and likely very bad for you. But if you ask me to go with you I'd probably say yes.
I got a new bike. My dream bike (after trying a ton and ignoring the prices) turned out to be a rental Jamis Commuter. I had them call me when they sold their rental fleet. Six months later--I'm stoked! We road them at the beach during low tide. which is probably very bad for them but seemed daring.
I have been walking uphill every day at lunchtime. This means I barely have time to eat... but still, it is often the highlight of my day. I keep my shoes in my car and get some vitamin D, my heart rate up, and often get lost in a book on tape. My school is in a much fancier neighborhood than I live in. I like walking fast up the hills and admiring the homes, fountains, views, and landscape. That's an agave blossom, framing the photo above.

What simple thing is making you happy? Please tell me!

1 comment:

jhkaye said...

Your bike looks like a real beaut'. Here are some simple things that have been making me happy lately: roomy sweatpants, RSVP cards, epsom salt/essential oil baths, and kale.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails