February 7, 2012

Teacher Lady on the 101st Day of School

Four parent teacher conferences--back-to-back, after teaching all day....is hard. I love the kids. I appreciate the parents. I have goals for them.  I want to celebrate their success. Then...

It all starts blurring together. I blabber. Everyone is going to be okay. Alright?

Friday was a very tough day. I don't have an easy class...and some with severe challenges.  And there are 27 of them. Most days are good. That one really wasn't. I felt like I was fighting back tears all weekend. Monday was tiresome and low, despite being the 100th day of school. I had to fake it.

Today was great. SURPRISE. This job is never neutral. Never really "okay." It is awful or wonderful.  Or both at the same time. 

In honor of our 100th day, my students wrote about what they'll be doing when they are 100 years old; they will be surfing, ice-skating, dancing in the Nutcracker, helping childen, fighting fires, or bowling.  I hope they do live to be 100 and do good things for our planet. Another exciting thing...they are all writing! The dramatic growth in writing ability is SO rewarding to witness.

I got formally observed this morning. I am so thankful it went well....you have a million remarkable moments nobody but you and the kids ever know about. It is kind of cool when there is someone there to notice your invisible world (and it's not a day like last Friday). We talked about he symmetry of hearts, and hearts in nature... in clouds, in hooves.... I should have brought in that rock!  

This website made my day:

http://heygirlteacher.tumblr.com/

Thanks, Justin. This website speaks to what a weird, weird world teachers live in. Pass it on to the teachers in your life.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails