February 1, 2012

Mac Nuts and Hula Hoops


Walking at the beach on a foggy morning. Never know if I'l see dolphins or horses.
The iPhone app instagram kind of became my new blog. I posted these pictures over the last few months with a short caption. I thought I'd share some of my favorites on my blog....the old fashioned way, right?

These macadamia nuts grow in our friends' yard. They don't mind if I snack on them, but you gotta work for them. You place the nut in a hole in their cement. Then you delicately drop a heavy brick on it. The goal is to shatter the shell and not smash the soft white nut. By the way, raw macadamia nuts are way better than roasted.
Evidence of fog through the peer.
An evening at home depot inspired impromptu hula hoop making. It's just a precut pipe and a connector. Pretty cheap...around $6 total? It would be fun to pretty it up with electrical tape.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails