February 21, 2012

Restorative Weekend

 My four day weekend was very satisfactory.

I did so little. I puttered around. I woke when I felt like it. I experimented in the kitchen. I played with my plants. I made space and parted with stuff I don't need...a couch, bags of clothes, a rug. I selected fresh food and bright flowers at the farmer's market. I sat in the sun and drank coffee with A. I read in bed in the middle of the day (A Game of Thrones, Book 2). I noticed cute dogs (everywhere) Note: I may have the dog version of the baby-bug...some people feel pangs of longing for children, I feel them for canines.
I went to the beach, of course.

Bounty: In my fridges, on my counters, and in Andrew's ceramic vases.
I went to yoga. I wandered through the garden store and felt the comforting/familiar draw of a farm life. I wept through "The Descendents" set in my beautiful Hawaii heart-and-homeland.
Slow food. Warm food.
Put up my Instagram collage!
Fam life attracts me (and repels me).                    
This wilty looking 3rd-hand dendrobium rebloomed. I am awestruck.

At work today, I was happy to see my students smile and laugh. I took time to really notice them and practiced being a careful listener. There was time today to be scientists/historians/writers/performers/readers/thinkers and garden-growers. I felt fulfilled.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you print your instagrams for the collage? Just with the regular printer? I want one!

Larissa said...

I loved the Descendants, and appreciated the feel of the islands that it portrayed.

Emily said...

http://printstagr.am/ Prinstagram It was a pretty random selection but glad I went for it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails