My favorite fruit lately is the cherimoya. Mark Twain called cherimoya, with its fruity bubblegum taste, "the most delicious fruit known to men." I remember eating this white creamy "ice cream" fruit as a kid on Maui. I was thrilled to discovered it here at the local farmer's market. I found that they sell the hard, unripe cherimoya for only 99 cents a pound. After it's ripe in a few days, keep it in the fridge for a cold, yummy treat.
They do sort of look like bullfrogs don't they, with that green scaly skin? I just remembered in elementary school we used to sing "Jeremiah was a bullfrog" in class. Fun, positive song, but some racy lyrics. We also sang Bob Marley songs and "Under the Boardwalk" so go figure. I love Hawaii.
They do sort of look like bullfrogs don't they, with that green scaly skin? I just remembered in elementary school we used to sing "Jeremiah was a bullfrog" in class. Fun, positive song, but some racy lyrics. We also sang Bob Marley songs and "Under the Boardwalk" so go figure. I love Hawaii.
1 comment:
I loved Jeramiah was a Bullfrog when I was a kid too! They also sell Cherimoyas at the IV co-op and Farview Gardens...SB is a cherimoya haven. Did you know the flowers have to be hand fertilized???
Post a Comment