March 26, 2009

Love Struck: Dutch Iris Duo

Yesterday I discovered these amazing Dutch Irises blooming in my garden. I planted them in early November and had forgotten which bulbs were what. Waking up to these beauties was a lovely way to start my day.

They are almost orchid-like in their fancy, sculptural shape. I just finished Susan Orlean's The Orchid Thief which involves the passion, lust, and obsession for flowers and living things. I'm not quite at that point...yet.

While looking at this picture, I recall a feng-shui principle that says displaying things in pairs is suppose to promote a positive and harmonious relationship between a couple. It must be working!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PRETTY! I love that picture of you and A-diddy too.

Anonymous said...

I second the vote for the photo. Looks like what came with the frame, only better.
-J.E.M

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails